- Denim Basket made out of a jeans pant leg and some cotton fabric. Great little storage item.
- Embroidery Hoop sewing Kit. Colourful cotton scraps and a small wooden hoop come together to create this kit.
- Facecloth Travel Kit…turn a facecloth into a storage for your toiletries when travelling.
- Roll-up Chalkboard. New chalkboard fabric is used to make a great take along for the kids.
- Car caddy or Chair caddy… great for travel or keeping things close at home
- Mesh Christmas.. work with mesh ribbon to create a simple centerpiece or wreath of your choice.
This class is now full. Should a spot open up, Guild Members will be notified.
This class is a hands-on class. A work packet of samples is required. The technique will be demonstrated and then you will complete your own samples.
- Sewing Without Pins – 85% of your sewing can be done without pins. Learn why and how.
- Curves – Inside and Outside – counteracts the natural tendency of forcing the fabric into the needle.
- Lapped Zipper – this is the kind of zipper that can be put in the side of a skirt as it is a curved seam and it also covers the zipper and you can’t see it.
- Centered Zipper – this zipper is inserted without pins and with the facing ready and in position
- “Burrito” Waistband – this technique is a method to avoid dealing with 6 layers of fabric at the corners of waistbands, cuffs, and collar bands.
- Perfect Top-stitching – demonstration only
- Understitching the proper way – is an art form. We want to sculpt our lining or facings so it forms the structure from which the garment will fall and hang correctly
- Flat Felled Seam – normally flat-felled seams are a lot of work – sewing it once, trimming, folding it over, pressing etc. Learn the easy way to sew flat felled seams.
- Shirt pockets – sew a shirt pocket without pins and stretching of the pocket.
- Patch pockets – sew an easy patch pocket without pins.
- Invisible zipper insertion – demonstration only.
Teacher: Fay Gunter
Dates: November 23, 2013
This class is now full.
This slim fitting pant is in all the fashion stores this year. Yoga pants are not just for exercise, they can be made in a variety of stretch fabrics to look like dress pants. It has a slim fitting look with a 2″ waist band. You should be able to complete this 3-piece yoga pants Silhouette Patterns, #3400 pattern in one class. It can be ordered online via the previous link for $14.00 US, plus shipping. The morning is for fitting and cutting, the afternoon is for construction.
For construction, a pant weight rayon knit is recommended. Peggy Sagers suggests a Ponte Roma.