A letter from Angela Gladwin
Dear Atlantic Sewing Guild,
Sew, I would like to talk about Sewing Retreats, or the packing up of notions & supplies for those fun times. If you are like me at my first which I attended in May 2018, you will have lots of containers and bags to hold all these notions … and I do mean lots! I eventually narrowed it down to one bag, & sewed it up at that ASG Seaside Sewing event. I am very happy with the amount it will hold.
There are many bags of similar design out in the great wide net, under many recognizable names. The bag I started with was offered free to one & all (thank you Ruby). I have been re-tweaking the design & process over the summer as I make many more, including one for my sister-in-law. (It’s always Gifting Season!)
This is a great bag to use up those scraps that multiply when we’re not looking. For these, I used four different sewing themed fabrics. You can make one to colour coordinate your personal style. Or be wild and use up to 12 different fabrics!
Atlantic Sewing Guild has asked me to present this bag class for you
Join us & sew up your own Seaside Bag to corral your sewing supplies & notions; beauty items; children’s toys. (see where I am going with this?—-Tame All The Things!)
See you soon!
Supply list will be provided with registration at ASG first meeting on September 13.
Classes, Registration and Payment
- Classes are full day (9:30 AM set-up for 10:00 to 4:00 PM) unless otherwise stated.
- Full day class is $40 for Guild members .
- Registration for all classes will be on a first come, first served basis.
- Registration will be first done at Guild Meetings, then via email to the Guild afterward.
- Post dated cheques will not be accepted for registration of a class.
- If the classes fill up, you can put your name on a waiting list.
- All classes have to be paid up before the class date or you will lose your spot!
- Classes held at Halifax Christian Church at 51 Farnham Gate Road (see map link below)