There was no mistaking the sheer happiness of Atlantic Sewing Guild members in each others’ company at the October 10/17 meeting. Our theme could well prove to be faces smiling with joy in our night’s camaraderie and entertainment. Shiny Happy People link (Do we love those classic cheerful 1990’s outfits?)
Contributing of course was BRENDA BOUDREAU’S presentation of her husband Bob’s quilts, which lived up to long-awaited expectations. Who knew that she is, in addition to a long-time member of ASG, our very own salmon & trout fly-casting girl? Brenda spoke lovingly not only about Bob’s amazingly detailed quilts, but also of the enthusiasm they share for the great outdoors and fishing. This is true synergy: she became interested in his fishing & he became interested in her sewing machine. Bob is a true Renaissance Man with his hands in business, Bonsai, landscaping & gardening, photography — & this night’s presentation: his quilting!
Bob Boudreau’s quilts are works of art deserving to be hung. His painstaking compositions are studies in patience combined with the artist’s eye for minute detail. The gradations of colour and fine machine stitching are accomplishments particularly admired by ASG members. The quilt shown directly above is made up of over 1750 tiny squares and is created from his early school portrait. (All these works were deserving of far better picture quality; unfortunately, this photographer & her camera phone fall short.) Brenda did justice in her presentation and all in attendance were captivated.
3 fabrics within one garment
FUN CREATIONS SHARED THIS FINE EVENING
EDGAR our quick-change artist delights us with his homage to Star Trek in McCall’s6044
BRENDA’S Newport Bag
We’ll take our leave of October 10 with the Smiling Faces of sisters ALAYNE & FAYE
- GREAT HALIFAX SEWING BEE takes place at our November meeting. (The festivities are Very Secret – not even your executive knows what we’ll be up to – other than more ASG fun!)
- For the GHSB we will be using the gymnasium rather than the Campbell Centre
- Bits & bobs – haberdashery & scraps & interesting smalls will still be gladly accepted at beginning of Nov. meeting
- There will be no Show & Tell this month
- December 2, 2017 Tory’s Jeans in a Day Class link
- Visit the Atlantic Sewing Guild on Book of the Face Atlantic Sewing Guild link
- email us AtlanticSewingGuild@gmail.com