Dartmouth Yarns is celebrating their second anniversary this weekend of Sep 5 – 7. Among the many activities they have planned shown below, is a Duct Tape Dress Form Demo at 11 AM on Saturday, shown in red below. Lots of activities that might of interest to our members, though!
Dartmouth Yarns is located at 122 Portland Street in Dartmouth.
Thanks to Nancy for content of this post.
It’s our 2nd Anniversary
Help us celebrate our special weekend,
We have lots of fun planned for our Anniversary Celebration. We start with a pre-weekend reception and yarn tasting on Friday evening and continue all through the weekend with music, treats, debut yarns and mystery products, impromptu demos, presentations by famous local designers, healthy knitting tips, and prizes. But it won’t be a party without you, so please come join us.
Here is a taste of planned events:
FRIDAY (store hours 10:00-7:00)
- 5:00-7:00 Reception and Fleece Artist/Handmaiden Fine Yarns Yarn Tasting ! This is a treat we look forward to every year. Jana is bringing a delicious variety of beautiful yarns for you to explore. Sip a little, snack a little, and fall in love with these beauties. Yarn will, of course, be available for purchase. (Psst! We will be debuting 4 custom colours created just for us by Jana & her dye artists. You can’t see them anywhere else!)
SATURDAY (store hours 10:00-4:00)
- All day: New products, samples, and door prizes every hour
- 11:00: Duct tape dress form demo–we’ll be making a dress (or sweater) form using an old t-shirt & lots & lots of duct tape
- 2:00-4:00 Ilga Leja presentation and trunk show
SUNDAY (store hours noon-4:00)
- All day: Samples and door prizes every hour
- 1:00: Cora Sproule, RMT, will be demonstrating hand and arm self-massage techniques to avoid “knitters cramp”. She will also be giving free mini head and neck massages (donations accepted)
- 4:00: Final prize drawings
We’ve had such a wild and rewarding year. We thank you all for making it possible!
Kate, Sam, and the whole DY team of yarniacs–Joy, Kathy, Maria, & of course, Sabrina