Below is what the Atlantic Sewing Guild has planned for the 2013-14 year. We meet once a month on the second Tuesday, at St Theresa’s Rectory on the corner of Dublin and North in Halifax (see map below). If you are in the area, we hope you will come out to join us! Please feel free to bring a friend or two as well!
Our meetings often feature guest speakers, workshops and/or special event. This is in addition to these more regular activities:
- “Sew and Tell” of what we made
- Guild news and operations discussion
- Time to browse through our library
- Time to socializing about sewing and related matters
- Among other items.
Special Events Planned for Meetings
For 2013-14, these are the special events the Executive has planned for our meetings, with much input from members last year. Thank you! Please check back on our ABOUT page for updates. Meeting agenda changes will sometimes be updated here with a separate post. You can check back here at your convenience, or subscribe by email or RSS feed via the menu on the right of the page.
Sept. 10th, 2013
- Membership drive
- Guest Speaker: Linda Martin – Textile Painting
Oct. 8th, 2013
- Membership drive
- Fashion Show:
- Challenge Sew & Tell
- Summer Sew & Tell
Nov. 12th, 2013
- Show & Tell – Sew It Now (SIN) group (a subgroup of the Guild)
- Guest Speaker: Genny Killin – “Hats”
Dec. 10th, 2013
- Silent Auction for Food Bank
- Christmas Quickies
Jan. 14th, 2014
- Guest Speaker: (to be confirmed)
Feb. 11th, 2014
- Sew & Tell – Sew It Now (SIN) group
- Fabric Sale
March 11th, 2014
- Guest Speaker: Sheila MacDonald – “Ironing essentials including leather”
April 8th, 2014
- Mini workshops Merry-Go Round
May 13th, 2014
- Guest Speaker: Cindy Heulin – “Organizing a Sewing Room”
June 10th, 2014
- Extended Sew and Tell for all
Cost / Membership
$5 per meeting or $30 for a one year membership
FREE for students with active student ID card!
Please contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a question or comment below.