This class is now full. Should a spot open up, Guild Members will be notified.
This class is a hands-on class. A work packet of samples is required. The technique will be demonstrated and then you will complete your own samples.
- Sewing Without Pins – 85% of your sewing can be done without pins. Learn why and how.
- Curves – Inside and Outside – counteracts the natural tendency of forcing the fabric into the needle.
- Lapped Zipper – this is the kind of zipper that can be put in the side of a skirt as it is a curved seam and it also covers the zipper and you can’t see it.
- Centered Zipper – this zipper is inserted without pins and with the facing ready and in position
- “Burrito” Waistband – this technique is a method to avoid dealing with 6 layers of fabric at the corners of waistbands, cuffs, and collar bands.
- Perfect Top-stitching – demonstration only
- Understitching the proper way – is an art form. We want to sculpt our lining or facings so it forms the structure from which the garment will fall and hang correctly
- Flat Felled Seam – normally flat-felled seams are a lot of work – sewing it once, trimming, folding it over, pressing etc. Learn the easy way to sew flat felled seams.
- Shirt pockets – sew a shirt pocket without pins and stretching of the pocket.
- Patch pockets – sew an easy patch pocket without pins.
- Invisible zipper insertion – demonstration only.