The Fabricville September Sale flyer is out! There are lots of highlights that many people will be interested in. However, here is a summary of some of the highlights I think most people would be interested in. Fabricville does not have an online version to link to, unfortunately, so I have to summarize things here. Just know that I won’t be summarizing in quite this level of details in the future as people will get used to seeing these announcements, if people want them, and go get the flyers themselves.
Here is a list of their Maritimes stores for you to decide which to visit. Just note that while some, possibly most, content are common to most stores, each store definitely have their own unique stock. I certainly have favourite stores from which I buy a lot more fabric simply because they carry more of the styles I like!
Also please note that mistakes may have been made in transferring over information from flyer to this blog post. If the store disputes the information, please check their flyer and do not claim you saw otherwise here! 🙂
- Simplicity 5 for $5 (Sep 6 & 7)
- Burda buy one regular price, get 2 free (Sep 12 to 14)
- McCall’s for $3.99 (Sep 19 to 21)
- Butterick for $3.99 (Sep 23 to 25)
I don’t know what you think of each line, but for my value, the Simplicity 1 for a $1, basically, up to 5, is a treasure trove. I find Simplicity has the biggest catalogue, and even if it’s not what you want, like their costumes, it’s probably a good start from which to modify. Patterns only apply to the actual brand, not their subsidiaries, so far as I know. Vogue, under McCall’s site, isn’t going for that sale price, I don’t believe. But ask to be sure.
2 Day Extended Hours (Sep 4 & 5 till 7:30)
- 20% off all new fashion, drapery & upholstery fabrics
- Ready made curtains and beddings
- Unique notions
- More in each store
Stores are generally only open till 6 on Tue and Wed.
- 50% off fall fashion suiting, Milano suiting (sale at $7.49/m), Hugo suiting (sale at $6.49/m)
- 40% off Persian lamb fur, velboa fur plain and printed, berber and glenora printed furs (sale starting at $11.99/m)
- Starting at $8.99/m Houndstooth and tweeds
- 50% off Parquet stretch and novelty suede (sale at $6.49/m)
- 40% off printed outerwear and quilted jacketing (sale to $11.39/m)
- $5.99/m American crepe plain and prints, and Gisella georgette prints
- $7.99/m stretch crepe and formal black collection
- 50% off laces (sale $6.49/m) and sequined mesh (sale $7.49/m)
- Starting at 8.99/m Kashmir knit and Pointi di Roma
- Starting at $4.99/m Marina satin coordinates and Jacqueline Satin solids
There are many other similar fashion trends sales, but they weren’t as prominent on a 2 page spread.
Fleece and Flannelette
- Starting at $4.99/m
- Licenced fleece and cotton prints, 40% off
- Animal skin printed fleece at $4.99/m
- Entire Inventory of Flannelette from $2.99 up (includes glitter and glow in the dark)
- $6.99 micro fleece throws door crashers
The licenced stuff start regularly at $16.99/m so they’re not going to be cheap, 40% off or not, but it’s a lot of money potentially saved if you’re planning to spend money on it. I see some new big prints of Spider-man (2) and Pirates of the Carribbean (maybe new). They also have Dora, Princess, Tinkerbell, Superman, etc.
- Up to 40% off fabrics (lists 22 fabrics and prices in flyer)
- 40% off plastic gromets, decorative hardware and channel track sets
- 25% off all ready made foamback curtains
- Up to 50% off custom-made blinds (off from manufacturer’s suggested retail price)
This is on sale throughout the month. Lists 22 fabrics and prices in flyer.
Says “lowest price ever” but quilters would know best on how true this is.
- 25% all yarn
Threads, Notions and Other Things
- 50% buttons and YKK Zippers
- 40% off Coates threads and H.A. Kidd notions
- 30% off Hat nettings (new this season)
- 33% off all scissors (except kits and promos), Premium Stitch threads, Schmetz needles, Supreme laces, Hodges & Letteau trims and appliques
Seams Fabricville rotates between Coates and Gutermann thread sales so wait if you can for your brand, and snatch them up if you can when your brand is on sale.